Friday, February 13, 2015

Another Acrylic Block Watercolor Background

One of my favorite things you all know by now is to do CAS cards. Well, believe me nothing is so clean and simple as using an acrylic block to capture a colorful background for a silhouette stamp. By swiping colors onto a block and spritzing with water you can make beautiful backgrounds.  Here is one I did this week.


The silhouette family image and sentiment are both from I Brake For Stamps. I layered the white, black and blue card stocks to showcase the focal image. I also carried the card stock layers over to the left bottom inside panel to tie the colors together. I used ink pad colors which I thought might look like a sky at dawn. I suppose it could also work for a sunset as well.

My arm is still bothering me somewhat but I am able to do layering much easier than using my Big Kick to crank out die cuts. And stamping does not seem to bother me either. I think in the last few weeks I overdid it with cranking out dies  and so therefore I injured it. But it is slowly getting better so I am hoping by another week I can be back to normal.

Well, here it is the weekend again. It seems time flies by with so much speed these days. Guess I am having too much fun! LOL I hope you have a great one,

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Love silhouette stamps! Such a beautiful card!

Kathy Krug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful scene. Love the water color with the silhouette stamp. Beautiful sentiment

Becky said...

Beautiful scene and beautiful cas card. Yes, the week goes by to fast. I do not mind Winter flying by, :)

Olga Moore said...

Love the silhouette image against that beautiful background. And the sentiment is perfect for your scene. Love your card!

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful! I love that background. Hope your arm feels better soon.

Judy Woodland said...

What a sweet image! I have never seen this before, and I just love it. Your background is perfect, and beautiful sunset to go behind the happy family. And that sentiment is awesome - so unique. Love your layering too, this is a stunning card!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

how graceful this card is, Verna! Both in sentiment, and artistically! Beautiful colors, too. I like that the whole family is together like that for the dawn. hugs, de

Joyce Erb said...

Gorgeous scene. I love these kind of backgrounds.

Carol L said...

your card is just lovely with those pretty pastel sponged colors and wonderful silhouettes! Great sentiment too!

Peanut said...

Beautiful! You've created a very pretty scene, Verna.
hugs, Asha

Unknown said...

Beautiful Verna. Looks perfect

Unknown said...

This is really lovely!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...