Monday, May 4, 2015

Stamping on Pattern Paper

The Mix It Up Monday Challenge at Stamp TV this week is to use pattern paper and stamp on it. I thought it sounded like fun so I had some time and decided to create a card doing just that.



I used pattern paper from the Gina K. Designs Watercolor Garden Paper Pack. The solid daisy that I stamped in shades of Cheery Red and Cranberry Tart are from the Gina K. Designs Pressed Flowers set illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger. I also used the sentiment from another Gina K. Designs set called Wild Flowers which is also illustrated by Melanie. I just love that verse as it is so comforting to me and hopefully to others as well.

After my pattern paper panel was stamped I added it to a layer of Black and Cherry Red card stock and again onto Black card stock before placing the design on a base card of Sweet Corn yellow. All the card stock is from Gina K. Designs. I am always happy with her card stock and she has so many wonderful colors to chose from. The sentiment stamped in black ink onto Sweet Corn was also layered onto Black card stock.

To tie the inside of the card to the outside design I stamped another bold daisy in the lower left corner of the card.

I chose these papers and colors as I wanted this to be a card of hope and cheer. I think I was successful in that endeavor.

Have a great week everyone and thanks for stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! Egads you are QUICK! lol This is just spectacular, love the colors and design!

Barbara said...

OH My Word! This is very unique and as Donna said, Gorgeous! I love it and you are so quick.

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful card! Love the reds and your design.

kittykat3308 said...

Gorgeous card. I love everything about it.

Kathleen

Kathy Krug said...

Verna, I love how you stamped the leaves over the flowers. It creates a very inticate and beautiful design. Great color pallet too. Congrats on your win at Die Namites.

Ina G said...

Another lovely card Verna and beautiful sentiment.

Unknown said...

I love everything about this! The colors, design, the flowers stamped over the leaves, the inside...everything! Great job!!

Judy Woodland said...

I love how you did this challenge. I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to do the stamping on pp so that the stamping would even show - thanks for the inspiration. I was wondering if you had difficulty with the ink drying, since Gina's paper has a slick surface. I really like your colors and layout. Really nice card!!!

Unknown said...

Great idea, Love what you did with it and the colours. Yes. have been hoarding that stock here, as super, but decided to use and when out, am out. Then you will see the croc tears from here. :)

Patti J said...

You knocked the ball out of the park with this one, my friend. I totally LOVE this scripture, and your tamping is beautiful. Great job!!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...