Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Back To Nature

Well, I was informed that my entry into the Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge was not acceptable as it had to be a bug, butterfly, dragonfly or bird. So I am going to try entering one I think will be acceptable for the challenge.


First I made a background for the butterfly by taking white card stock and my Gina K. Designs Kraft ink pad and swiping and squiggling and anything else I could think of to create a textured look. You can see a portion of it in the photo.

While that dried I then die cut the butterfly out and also the white and black panels which would be put onto a base card of kraft card stock.

After the inked card stock was dry I then pasted the butterfly onto that and then fussy cut around it My next step was to take a black fine point alcohol ink pen and add some dots in between each cut out area on the butterfly. I then put this aside  until I got my panels together.

Before I added the butterfly to the layered panels, I took some paper tape from Me & My Big Ideas and put that down the middle. With a white gel pen I colored in a few elements on that tape. Now I was ready to put the butterfly over the top and I popped it with foam tape

All layers were together and I thought it still needed something extra to give it more pizzazz, so I die cut some corner elements from black card stock and added them to the card. I finished it by adding the sentiment which is from the Gina K. Designs Stippled Nature set.

Cheery Lynn Dies used:
Card Maker's Stackers Nesting Dies ST 014 Rectangle A2 size
Oriental Butterfly DL 105 Doily Die
Lace Corner Deco B B162

Well, another fun day doing some art work. I hope your day is wonderful too!

God bless,
Verna

20 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

How ornate, Verna! I love the iron filigree look, especially on the corners! It's a beautiful card and wonderful design!

Unknown said...

Oh that should do it!!! GORGEOUS dies, love that big bold beautiful butterfly!!!

Kathy Krug said...

Oh my gosh I have to have that butterfly. I love how you treated it. Fabulous card.

Karen Hasheck said...

Gorgeous my friend!

Judy Woodland said...

How beautiful!!! I love the black butterfly die cut, and you have such a wonderful color combination. You should enter this in the STV challenge this week, the colors are perfect.

Ina G said...

Beeeeeutiful card Verna. Love that butterfly and the corner dies. Great colour combination.

Olga Moore said...

Beautiful, Verna! Love your butterfly and the kraft and black color combination.

Rosy Newlun said...

What a tresure. Look at all the texture, detailed elements, and elegance of this card. I'm always happy when I visit your blog!! ♥

Peanut said...

WOW! Talk about dramatic... LOVE the contrast. What an elegant card.
hugs, Asha

Juliz Design Post said...

What a show stopping card Verna, stunning. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Carolyn said...

Very pretty, Veran. Good luck with the design challenge.

Karen said...

Verna this is so gorgeous! I love all the black and overall design! Thanks for playing in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good luck to you!

shulsart said...

Wonderful card, Verna, this definitely follows the challenge theme. I love the kraft and black combination, very striking. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Vicki said...

Beautiful butterfly card, Verna! Thanks for the love on my canvas at CDBZ.

Rushd Lady said...

Beautiful butterfly, Verna!

Unknown said...

Well you not only caught the theme with the butterfly, but with the earth tones in the card, Super.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well this certainly should qualify! It's just a beautiful bug~ LOVE this card

evafromca said...

WOW.....this is such a gorgeous striking card!! I love that butterfly!!! Thank you for you joining us in this week's challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck!

Lisa Babitz said...

Very pretty!! Love the warm colors you used.

Nancy said...

Had to leave a comment on this beauty!!! WOW!!!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...