Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Face To The Sun

I found a little break this afternoon and made a quick little summer scene card which I think is not only representative of summer but also is a card of encouragement too. I am entering this in the Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge for this week. The theme is Summer Fun and that is also the theme for the Mix It Up Monday challenge at Stamp TV too. So I will enter it there as well.


I sponged on inks to make the background and then stamped the girl on the bicycle in black ink. She is an image from the Face To The Sun duo set by Gina K. Designs.  I layered the card panel onto black card stock before I applied it to the A2 size base card.

But before I added it to the base I took the Cheery Lynn Designs B117S Mini Fanciful Flourish Left and divided it up so that all along the left edge it resembled a vine crawling up the side. I also added a flourish to the inside to tie it to the outside design.

The grandsons are here and are helping Grandpa combine wheat. I think overall they are enjoying it. The little one ended up taking a nap the first day. So far today, I don't know if that happened again or not,  but hubby said that first day they had not even made a round in the field and he was out like a light. Oh, well, an afternoon nap is good too!

I hope your week is going well. Mine is a busy but enjoyable one. Good to take time for the grandchildren too.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi Verna - this is so boldly colored and gorgeous! I esp love the black flourishes which just add a pow to your card! Enjoy your little men ♥

Peanut said...

This is beautiful, Verna. Love that image...so delicate.The background is sponged to perfection. Hav efun with the grandkids.
xxx Asha

Rushd Lady said...

good tall grass! LOL! Nice card Verna! Enjoy the grandkids!

Unknown said...

I love that beautiful silhouette and sentiment! PERFECT summery card.....and encouragement too! Beautiful background! Well done, Verna!

Donna Ellis said...

what a fun card! I used to love riding my bike, and always found such peace and enjoyment during my excursions. Your pastels are especially pretty in contrast to the black vine and your silhouette image, Verna! xo

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun & encouraging card!

Eva said...

What a beautiful summery card. So love your little scene and the added dies are just perfection! Thank you for joining us in this week's challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck!

Karen Dunbrook said...

delightful....

Judy Woodland said...

Great sponging, my dear!! I love that silhouette too, this is such a sweet, happy card!

Unknown said...

love sponged cards Verna. This one is another happy one,

Karen said...

Love the background and sweet image! Such a delightful & fab summer card! Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good luck!

shulsart said...

Lovely card, Verna, great artsy background. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Kathy Krug said...

This is such a fun card, Verna. I love that stamp set.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...