Sunday, January 24, 2016

Kid's Valentine

I have some grandchildren who usually like a Valentine from Grandpa and Grandma so today I decided to try and make one the little ones might relate to. I love the Newton's Nook Designs so I chose some of their images and a sentiment from the set Newton's Antics.


Most of the kitties on our farm are the striped kind so I tried to make him look more realistic to our cats. I used Bic Mark-It alcohol ink markers to color the image. I then cut out the design with a Marvy Heart shaped punch. I placed that over a die cut heart design from Cheery Lynn Designs. This was then placed on a pattern paper panel from Gina K. Designs which was layered to black and then added to the base card of white card stock. The panel layers are also from a die cut by Cheery Lynn Designs. The card was finished then by the addition of a black and red chiffon ribbon bow.


Cheery Lynn Dies used:
Card Maker's Stacker Nesting Dies ST 014
Heart Within My Heart DL178

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Well, it sounds like some snow moving into our region again and maybe some strong winds. So far it is just really overcast but the temperature is not too bad as we hit about 30 degrees above zero today. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Adorable!! Love the kitty stamp too! Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs

Donna Ellis said...

Brrr! Yesterday we didn't even make it into the 50s! Being thin-blooded these days, we were cold with the high winds! LOL we were down into the 20s last night and expect the same tonight. Yes, we are wimps! Your card is darling, Verna, and the colors are romantic! Smile. Great job with the coloring on your kitty! How many farm kitties do you have? Do they spend the night in a barn? Thanks for sharing your delightful card, and hope you don't have problems from the winds and snow! Hugs, de

Unknown said...

Well that's just super cute. Love the sweet little kitty. That heart die is pretty amazing too and I love how you put it all together. Nicely done!

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

Hi Verna, I took a looksie at your blog posts and I see you've been very busy creating all your beauties. This card is just adorable, your grandkids will love it. Stay warm. Hugs and Blessings.

kittykat3308 said...

Your card is beautiful.

Kathleen

Barbara said...

You grand kids will love this one Verna! Who would not love that cute Newton? You have done a great job coloring him. Good News, Newton's Nook is coming to the Mod Squad. Hang on to that kitty.

Unknown said...

What a cute one, Love the cat and the backing paper seems to pull it all together. Forgot about having to do a couple so thanks for the reminder.

Diane said...

Wow what a stunning design Verna.

Hugs Diane

Judy Woodland said...

Well this is just so stinkin' CUTE!!! I love how you have colored that little kitty, your grandkids will love it!! Really great design, and I love that red and black ribbon too. What a great idea!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love this sweet cat image with the pretty heart die.

Jennifer Jackson said...

Super cute valentine! I love the stripes added onto Newton! Thanks for getting inky with us and linking up to our inky paws challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.

-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

Juliz Design Post said...

Oh wow Verna what an adorable card and so cute with the little cat, love it. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Hugs Julie x

Peanut said...

Striking colour combo, but Kitty steals the show for me! :)

Jenny Alia said...

So cute! Love the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck in the draw!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...