Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Repeat Impressions Sketch #F2416

I saw this wonderful sketch at the Repeat Impressions Blog post and so decided I liked it so much that I would join in on the challenge.



f2416

As you can see I did my own interpretation on the sketch and used pattern papers from My Favorite Things. The little chick and the sentiments are from Stampin" Up! I colored the chick in with my Spectrum Noir Aqua markers. And, the die I used is Classic Scalloped Squares from Spellbinder. I think that was one of the first dies I ever purchased.


The finishing touch was to add some little pearls in three of the dots on the pattern paper and I added some of the pattern paper inside the card as well. Again, I think this is a card that any age or gender would love to get on their birthday.

Thanks for stopping in and for all the wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Patti J said...

Verna, this is totally darling! Great job using this month's sketch! Love your sweet little chick, and what pretty patterned paper! What fun when it's opened, and they see the theme carried over to the inside! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Judy Woodland said...

Great take on that challenge. Love your patterned papers and the way you have placed the pearls, and that cute little image just makes me smile!!!

Unknown said...

So cute and the papers are perfect for it.

Unknown said...

What a sweet little chick, so cute and fuzzy! Great use of the Sketch!

Glittered Paws said...

This was a fun sketch - and I really like your stripes and polka dots together. Great card. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built challenge. Shirley H.

Kathy S said...

Great pattern paper and wonderful use of the Sketch Challenge at The House That Stamps Built. I also appreciate you decorated the inside too, something I never do.

Peanut said...

Aaaaw! What sweet card. The little chickadee is is so cute.
x Asha

Heather said...

The sketch is pretty fabulous, isn't it?! : ) I might be a little biased, though. Your card is super cute! The chick is adorable and the papers are good combination. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...