Saturday, September 10, 2016

Chevron Hello

I got my order from My Favorite Things in which I had ordered several dies. As a perk for a $60 or over order I got this wonderful Die-Namics Stepped Up Chevron free. And, I also ordered the Die-Namics Big Hello die and together I have used scraps to create a great card design. I am entering this into the You Could Be a Card Design Superstar Contest-2016 and also in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge.


I don't know what you think but I am tickled pink to see the great results one can do with these dies. And, a fantastic way to use up scraps.


The center portion of the design was done from some water colored paper I had made previously, Since in the process of cutting the chevrons this came out as a leftover bigger chevron I decided to use that for the center of the design.


I just know that chevron will be a favorite of mine and the design made with this die really created the perfect background for that Big Hello die which is cut with a dark brown card stock. I simply glued all the chevrons onto a base card of ivory and then over the top I popped up the Big Hello.


This was so much fun to make. It sort of reminds me of a southwestern style. I could have connected them but I liked the idea of a little of the ivory showing through.

Well, everyone have a fun weekend. I might even get to making more cards if I find time. It is such a good feeling to have energy enough to do crafting again. I am so fortunate. And, thanks to all who stop by and visit and leave such uplifting comments.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Wow this is fabulous! I saw that die, too and this very clever. I like it that you left space in between the chevron die cuts. Completely beautiful design!!!

Ina G said...

Oh Verna this is FABULOUS. Love the bright colours and great use of the chevrons.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I love, love, love this!!! I recently saw this die and thought it to be so interesting, so I'm glad you used it here so I could see how it really looks. Your colors are fabulous, and your design is a perfect showcase for the die. Thanks for the inspiration, simply FABULOUS!!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oooh, I love your new chevron die, Verna! So trendy! Your card is gorgeous! Such a lovely design!

Patti said...

I really like this Verna! it is so colorful and bold. What a blessing for the recipient who opens this one!! ; ) Very Southwest indeed : )

Patti

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous design! A big smile on the receiver of this one for sure!

Leslie said...

Another beautiful project, Verna! I LOVE this design! Thanks so much for sharing this project with us also in the Mod Squad Challenge Blog's "Color Inspiration - Fall Colors" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, MSCB Challenge Hostess
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap Challenge Blog DT
Love To Craft Challenge Blog DT
House of Cards DT
Crafty Friends DT
My Crafting Stories DT
Creatalicious Challenges DT
Let's Craft and Create DT
Mod Squad Challenge Hostess

Kathy Krug said...

Looks like I missed a few of your posts. The graphic backgroun is perfect for the bold Hello sentiment. Great colors.

Lisa Babitz said...

Such a cheery card! It's sure to bring a smile to someone's face!!

Unknown said...

Love your colors and I really LOVE that big fat happy HELLO plopped right on top! So cheery! Great design!!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...