Friday, October 21, 2016

Sweater Christmas Card

Claire Brennan who is a designer for Gina K. Designs made this wonderful Nordic Winter set and also on Stamp TV gave a freebie template for making a sweater. She made it in Pdf and also in an SVG cut file so no matter who you are if you have a printer you can do it. I am in the Pdf category and so therefore I had to fussy cut the sweater myself. Just check out the Freebies section and it should be there and if not, will be soon. This will be about as close I will ever get to making a sweater as I don't knit and what little crocheting I did know I have already forgotten.


I used a Gina K. Designs Red Velvet card base and also stamped the saying in the Red Velvet ink before I embossed the white panel with a Stampin' Up! embossing folder which is made by Sizzix. It is called Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions. I am telling you that is one thick folder and I had to crank my Crossover way to No. 18 in order to run it through but as you can see it sure makes for a lovely embossed design. The sentiment is one from the Gina K. Designs Holly Jolly stamp set which is a freebie incentive with a qualifying order.

The sweater design was stamped with Turquoise Sea ink and then it was pieced onto the base sweater image. I found a Bic Mark-It pen which was a close match to that color of ink and I hand drew the collar and cuffs for the sweater. I am not too proficient in drawing but this seemed to be a pretty simple task even for me. LOL Once I had it cut out I popped it up with Zots over the embossed background.


I added a white panel inside the card too, but  before I did that I stamped a row of that pretty pattern along the bottom of it.

This was an all afternoon project and I was not totally sure how to do it but my first attempt seems to not look too bad. At least it is one template I will use again I am sure.

The sun was supposed to shine but it pretty much eluded us all day. Of course, last night as I looked out the window I could see stars. Then a little while into about the 9 o'clock hour this morning it clouded up again.  And, that wind sure does make it feel cold. Brrrr! I hate to think of winter. I already ache with the changing of the seasons. So I hope once we get into one weather pattern instead of this up and down one I will not have so many aches and pains.

Well, thanks for looking at my sweater card and for the lovely comments you always leave.

God bless,
Verna

4 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Well look at you!!! This looks really labor intensive, but I love it. And I have coveted that SU embossing folder. Trying to resist...lol. Your card is perfect and I really love it. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Unknown said...

Isn't she so kind to do that! I don't have that stamp set, but I am going to download it for future use! :) I love the colors you used, it looks (and almost) feels like a nice warm Nordic Knit! FAB!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a snuggly, cozy card you've created. The embossing folder is absolutely perfect for this! You really can see the texture on this card. Your little sweater is so cute. Love your color choices too!

Barbara said...

This is fantastic and I have been having fun with the design too. I have a old Stamp V set that works for this one. Better than actually knitting a sweater.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...