Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Hug a Heart Card Drive #6 2017

Today I did a few cards for the Hug a Heart Card Drive. Check that link for more details. These cards go to children who are Heart Center Patients at Nationwide Childrens Hospital. I was a bit late in getting started but since the drive is open until February 14th I thought  would do a few at least. All are the same basic design and made quite simple without any embellishments. But they still will hopefully bring some smiles to little children who have heart illnesses.



I used the cute little hedgehog image which is from the Penny Black Loads of Love set. I had used that for some Valentines so figured they would work for this type of card too. Now these cards were not to be Valentines but are to include hearts in the design. That is why I went with more non-traditional colors for my hearts. The sentiment is from A Jillian Vance Design set called Simply Said: Happy Daisy.


These are for children up to the age of 19 so I figured the little hedgehog would be appealing to boys or girls of all age groups.


The lavender gingham paper is from Gina K. Designs and the plaid papers are from My Favorite Things.


The inside of the cards are to be left plain with no sentiment added so that the nurses can write a hand written message to each child. One is also to include envelopes for each card. And if a darker card base is used they said to include a white or lighter colored liner so the message can be visible when it is hand written.

If you would like to join the drive you can send cards with envelopes to: Christina Hor, P.O. Box 517, Dublin, Ohio 43017. And be sure to include a note with your full name, mailing address and email address as there will be some prizes given as well. The card drive ends February 14. Mail the cards in a bubble wrap envelope or box so that they will arrive in great condition.

Well, thanks so much for coming to visit again. I love to see all of the comments you leave too!

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh these are simply sweet! Great colors and designs! What a generous soul you are!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great cause -- adorable cards. The added plaid really works awesome with the cutie hedgehog~

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is wonderful, Verna! I'm so happy to see you made some cards for the children! I love the cute hedgies - great choice! Thank you for helping to bring a smile to these kids - your cards could be the bright spot in their day!

Ina G said...

Oh Verna these are simply adorable and what a wonderful cause. What a great feeling knowing that these cards will be so treasured.

Barbara said...

Totally awesome. Seriously! Love them.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, these are so stinkin' cute. You will certainly put a smile on some little kid's face with that adorable hedgehog carrying the sweet bouquet of hearts. LOVE these so much!!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Adorable and how fun to make so many colors!

Unknown said...

These are adorable Verna and the papers just make them pop. Have looked at that set, Hmmm :)

Joyce Erb said...

These are just the cutest! So fun and sure to be loved

Downsouth said...

Verna, how did you find out about this? I wish I wasn't in such a pickle of trying to find a place to move. I'm glad you came up with such a neat idea for a card; the kids will love them. They are so precious and the word, 'Smile' is so appropriate for the receivers of the cards.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I heard about this from other bloggers who were sending cards and I felt it was a good cause to support.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...