Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Entry #11 Coffee Happiness

I really had no plans to make any more cards for the 2017 Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop but I ran across this background I had made earlier using a stencil a friend gave me which was from a Silhouette cut. So since I had some Gina K. Designs coffee stamps already out I proceeded to make a card using her Coffee Therapy set.



The stenciled pattern was done with a Hero Arts Ombre Spring Brights ink pad. This was die cut with a Cottage Cutz Double-Stitched Rectangle Set. And, after I had the sentiment done I die cut that also with a die from this same set but left an open area at the one end where I popped up the cup that was stamped with inks from the Hero Arts ink pad. The card was completed by adhering all the layers and then placing them onto a yellow card stock base.

I really like the spring feel to this card with those awesome colors. When I saw a friend use that ink pad I knew it was one I had to own as well. I am sure loving it.

To join in on the challenge fun go to my link above and also the dates are posted on the side bar. There are lots of prizes to be given away and if you join and do some commenting you can find some fantastic digis as well that are free.

Thanks for visiting and for your wonderful comments. And, I apologize to anyone who did not see their comment posted as I accidentally deleted three wonderful comments from some of my previous cards. And, guess what? Once they are gone, they are gone. I was really disappointed in myself for doing that. I think I was getting too tired at that point to think straight. So I am very sorry if your comment was one of them.

Take care and God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

BeckyH said...

Beautiful card, Verna, I love that new ink pad of yours and agree the colours are really bursting with spring. The stencil you have used is very pretty too. And I think the double stitched dies really adds flair to your card. Fantastic card, I love everything about it :)

SugarGem said...

Fun and cool stamping. Great background

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Verna:
This is really pretty. I love the color combination and the design.

Comments are precious, and I'm sorry to hear that you accidentally deleted some. I know I left one on each of your lovely cards. I also want to apologize to you for pasting part of my comment on your first card. I'm sorry it upset you. My goal was only to be certain I left everyone some love. I'm not doing it for super star status (I think it's called)...I'm only commenting because I love to leave comments. I also love to invite people to Word Art Wednesday, my challenge blog, and that was my primary reason for pasting the first day. Again, I apologize that you were offended. I truly just wanted to be kind. I hope you'll accept my apology. This is such a wonderful blog hop, and I hope you and I come out of this as new friends....as Sisters in the Lord, Jesus Christ, and I truly hope you will continue to play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. That's my goal. Just to be a "nice guy" and to invite people to play along at WAW and comment on each entrant's art.

Have a blessed day, and again....fabulous card.

Karen Letchworth
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

...and thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I was not offended and there was no need to apologize. I wanted to be sure if a copy and paste was an acceptable thing. I have been enjoying all of your artwork too. So I too hope we can be friends.

Downsouth said...

Spring and Easter are certainly on your mind lately, Verna. My comment must be one that you deleted, too. I'm enthralled with that inkpad, also; the colors are so cheery for this time of year. I love the background; it shows the colors of the inkpad so well because of the wide blossoms. The saying is just perfect with the two cups sitting on the table; they must have been left there by two friends.

New Creations said...

So fresh and pretty with spring feel, love it!

Unknown said...

LOVE your background, the colors are awesome!

~amy~ said...

Yes to all that ombre goodness! What a wonderful card Verna and glad to see you back again :)

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!

Peanut said...

What a lovely colour combo. So bright and cheerful, Verna.
x Asha

Becca Yahrling said...

So funny, I have this Gina K set out on my desk right now to make something next ... Your card is lovely!

Arianna Barbara said...

Such a gorgeous card!!! Beautiful choice of colors!!!

D.Ann C said...

These colors are GORGEOUS!
Thank you so much for all the love left on my blog from the hop!!

AmethystCat said...

pretty - love the background and how you placed the cup!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...