Friday, March 24, 2017

Pansy Teacup #4 entry

I have been having so much fun creating cards for the 2017 Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. I always enjoy the fun that goes with entering and also viewing and commenting on what others have done as well. And, there is lots of inspiration believe me from all who join in. If you would like to join check out the link for it and also there is a logo on my side bar showing the dates of the hop too.

This time I chose to use an image and sentiment from the Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp set called Teacup Pansies Set #833. I thought immediately that this would be a wonderful set for the Spring hop. I can just see a pansy planted in a tea cup for a great spring time gift.


I stamped the image and sentiment with Versafine black ink. Then I colored the image in with Prismacolor pencils. I then die cut it with a Gina Marie Designs stitched circle die. This was again layered onto a darker blue die cut circle before adding it to the gingham pattern paper. All was placed onto a base card of white card stock and finished with the addition of the sentiment.

I am also entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge with a theme of Plant Kindness.

Thanks so much for visiting and for all the great comments you leave. I very much appreciate them.

God bless,
Verna

18 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love these gorgeous blooms in the coffee cup! Very pretty design for spring!

Rosie Guiher said...

What a pretty cup of pansies, my favorite flower.Great cloloring!

Macimbalo said...

Oh this is sooo pretty! Love that teacup and the beautiful flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

~amy~ said...

Verna, this is pure spring! Lovely.

Unknown said...

Oh I love that flower filled tea cup, definitely my cup of tea lol PETTY!

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty - love those pansies.

New Creations said...

Love the pretty blooms in a cup!

Fikreta said...

very nice!

Nikki said...

Such pretty pansies in the tea cup

Tink said...

Very Pretty!

Hetty said...

Lovely Spring card.

Judy Woodland said...

I LOVE that image, and you have colored it beautifully. I also love how you framed the image with the dark blue card stock and then mounted it on the gingham. Really pretty!!

Macimbalo said...

What a great card, love pansies and tea - perfect combo!

Lisa said...

Soooo beautiful! Love these colors... just perfect... and the pansies are gorgeous!

Downsouth said...

The background is perfect for the color you used in coloring the pansies.That is one of the best stamp sets that SNS have put out, I think. As usual, you put a lot of thought in making this card jive and it does.

Arianna Barbara said...

A very nice card!!!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Pretty floral coffee card!

Helen F. said...

Sweet cup of pansies!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...