Wednesday, September 27, 2017

CAS Fall Birthday

I have a gentleman who is having his birthday in a few days and I did not have any that looked very masculine so I decided to do this CAS design using the Hero Arts Black ink and Ombre Autumn rainbow pad. The leaves and the sentiment are from the CAS-UAL FRIDAYS stamp set called Casual Elegance.



I used Post-It notes to mask off the area I wanted to add color to. Once that was done I took the Ombre stamp pad and swiped it along that area to cover it. I removed the Post-It notes and revealed my colored strip. My next step was to stamp the leaves in with black ink over the top of that colored area. Next I took a marker and a corrugated piece of card board and drew a faux border along the colored area. The corrugated card board sort of made a little bit of a jagged design which I liked. The last step to the card was to add the sentiment with the black ink.

Another very simple design but the colors of those inks make it so beautiful I think and I believe this would be an appropriate birthday card for a man. I will be entering this into the A Blog Named Hero One Layer Challenge.

Thanks for the visit and all the wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

5 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Verna! Love the CAS design!

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely to use the Ombre Technique in these colors, contrasted with the black and white. It's a gorgeous card, Verna, and really pretty detailing! hugs, de

laurie said...

Really sharp card Verna...perfect for a guy!

Donna Phelan said...

Your colors are so rich and fabulous! Great CAS card, love your masking technique too!

Macimbalo said...

Wow, this is very rich and full of lustre!!!! Beautiful!!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...