Sunday, September 24, 2017

Fall Owl and Pumpkin Cards

This is my second post for today. We had more rain again so that was a good time to just sit and craft and make some more cards. I chose for these cards to use the darling owl and pumpkin image along with the sentiment from a digital set by Craftin Desert Divas. I had printed out several and instead of coloring them in myself I chose to try the already colored version. At least these stay in the lines. Hahaaa!


The first design will be entered into Scrapy Land (Challenge #74) which is Anything Goes. I used circle dies from Gina K. Designs and the corner dies are from Cheery Lynn Designs. The pattern paper from Lawn Fawn was added to a white card base. I am also entering this in the Dies R Us Blog Challenge #81-Fancy Corners.



The second card I am entering into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge in which we are to use leaves. Once again I used the same digi image set from Craftin Desert Divas as well as the same circle die sets from Gina K. Designs. I had a strip of the same pattern paper from Lawn Fawn left over and I used that on my orange card base. The leaf dies I used on this card are some from Gina K. Designs also.


Dies used:
Gina K. Designs Double Stitched Small Circle Die and Single Stitched Large Circle Die
Gina K. Designs Filigree Leaf Die
Cheery Lynn Designs Die is B161 Lace Corner Deco A


Well I hope up are enjoying these first days of Autumn. So far it has seemed more like summer days as we had temps in the 90's for the first day and then that was followed by lots and lots of rain. But I guess we just have to take the Lord's decision that this is the type of weather we should be having and try to enjoy it to the utmost. I am sure before long we will be back into the colder temps that we experienced in the beginning of September.

Well, that will do it for me today. I thank you for visiting and for all the kind words you leave me.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Verna ... both cards are just adorable! Love those fancy corners!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Fancy Corners’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Macimbalo said...

Love that digi! And your leaves are so gorgeous the way you have placed them! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

laurie said...

I just LOVE the plaid, and your coloring is fabulous! Great set of cards Verna!

Cheryl Wright said...

They are both fabulous, Verna! You are so very creative. (My granddaughters would love this - they are very into owls!)

Rosy Newlun said...

How sweet! I love the plaid autumn color paper you chose! The corner and leaf die cuts are perfect, too! Sweet owl!

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweetness!! the plaid is so perfect for the image and the way you coloured it, great Fall card mf.
xx Karen

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Diane said...

Both cards are super cute, love that adorable image and the designs!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}
PS: Did you ever get the pumpkin trio file figured out from The Cutting Cafe?...if not maybe I can help you :>)

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute is he surrounded by the fun plaid

Kathy Krug said...

Verna, what a cute image and goes so well with that paper and the fancy corners. thanks for sharing it with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
Kathy
DRU DT

Donna Phelan said...

So stinkin' cute! I love both designs and that amazing plaid paper!!!

Olenkaja said...

Wonderful project! Thank you for joining in our challenge at Scrapy Land this time, hope to see you again.
Hugs Ola

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...